How we will respond if you are not happy

When you need to talk to us about a problem, it’s best to call us or send an email first.

Call us on 020 3808 6608, Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm (excluding bank holidays). Alternatively you can email us on [email protected].

If you call us we will do our best to resolve the matter straight away. If we can’t do this on the phone, we’ll make sure we get enough information from you to investigate further and sort out the matter. This might be because we need to refer your complaint to the water wholesaler responsible for the pipes, sewers and water quality in your area. We aim to respond to any issues within five working days and hope to have a solution by then, but in the case of complex issues, we will provide you with an update within five working days, and then regularly until resolution.

What we need to know so we can help

  • Please tell us your business details – business name, address, account number, email address and telephone number
  • Please tell us everything you can about what’s gone wrong.

The more information you give us, the easier it is for us to fix your complaint first time!

Taking things further

We are proud of the customer service we offer and hope that, in the instance of any complaints or dissatisfaction, we are able to resolve the issue quickly and to your satisfaction. However, if you remain unhappy with the way we have dealt with your complaint, please see below for information on how to take things further.

Customers in England and Wales

If you have followed our complaints process but are still unhappy, the Consumer Council for Water (CCWater) offers free independent advice. You can visit, call 0300 034 2222 or write to CCWater, 1st Floor, Victoria Square House, Victoria Square, Birmingham, B2 4AJ.

Customers in Scotland

If you remain dissatisfied, you can ask the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO) to look at your complaint. The SPSO is the final stage for complaints about public services in Scotland. The SPSO cannot normally look at complaints:

  • where you have not gone all the way through the organisation’s complaints handling procedure
  • more than 12 months after you became aware of the matter you want to complain about, or
  • that have been or are being considered in court.

You can contact the SPSO

  • In person: SPSO, Bridgeside House, 99 McDonald Road, Edinburgh, EH7 4NS
  • By post: Freepost SPSO (you don’t need to use a stamp)
  • Freephone: 0800 377 7330
  • Online:

©2024 The Water Retail Company Ltd

Contact us | Complaints | Website Terms | Privacy policy | Cookies Policy | Accessibly | T&Cs


    Log in with your credentials

    Forgot your details?